• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Buying Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midshipmanjosh

If you are going to the 10 week combinded session, are you allowed to bring a pair of boots? I have access to a base and i was going to get a pair so that i could practice boots and uts runs.

Is this a good idea or should i just save my money?

CUBoulder

Milk Is For Babies...I Drink Beer
My OSO told me to get some in advance to practice running in them and such. You are allowed to bring your own to PLC Combined. You have to have orders or be reserves, retired or active to buy them though (or so I have been told). I didn't get my orders yet so I bought them through my Dad.

GTodd

Yes, yes you need some kind of id saying you are miltairy if you go through Militairy. I bought a pair of new never used pair of tan boots off of ebay for 50 ducks!!!!

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
GTodd said:
Yes, yes you need some kind of id saying you are miltairy if you go through Militairy. I bought a pair of new never used pair of tan boots off of ebay for 50 ducks!!!!

Wow, shippin them 50 ducks must have been expensive! :eek:

KBayDog

Especially if one of those ducks is Long Duck Dong.

But enough of the Donger.

Combat boots are a unique beast. No sense in spending bunches of bucks if you don't know what works for you. Just one poor sap's opinion.

For those with the mystical military IDs, check out Quarter Sales at either recruit depot. When Johnny Recruit is kicked out of training on the first day because of drugs or fraud. enlistment, his entire issue of uniforms is taken away. They are collected, cleaned, and sold for less than half of the sticker price. The uniforms are basically brand new, and will save you a bunch of money. If I remember correctly, the best day to go is Thursday...

GTodd

Hey Marines, and Candidates I was just joking when I said ducks, you know I meant Bucks, hahahaha

RivrGuide

Admiral Hartman 4 Life
pilot
the bates' boots also seem to suck up blasck sock dye in the quigley - once in, it never comes off and you become the proverbial "one" - A - buy the Danner's, or B - wash all of your new issue socks 2x in hot water before wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.