• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BZ to the Ace

HuggyU2

None
Not sure where the trend of painting 'kills' from exercises started but there are a few out there on both Navy and USAF jets. Kinda stupid if you ask me....:rolleyes:
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've never seen or heard of this in the AF.

I asked in"the other" forum and neither had they.

One guy did mention an A-10 unit that put an F-22 kill on their Hawg just to wind up the Raptor folks.

But no one in the USAF would stand for this idea... well I'm 99.2% certain.
Nothing surprises me a lot any more in the AF.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not that I am aware of, unless it was an exercise 'kill'. Not sure where the trend of painting 'kills' from exercises started but there are a few out there on both Navy and USAF jets. Kinda stupid if you ask me....:rolleyes:

P.S. Nice helmet bag!
I’ve seen one ever, and it was almost 20 years ago on the E converted to a prototype Growler. I think it was an F-22 exercise kill on a test jet. Never have seen one on a Fleet aircraft.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Look at the last name. That callsign is brilliant in it's subtlety.
I was wondering if it wasn’t after a UK (internet) cartoon about a creepy creature named Salad Fingers who gets off rubbing rust, especially rusty spoons. Look it up, it’s too weird to try to explain.

Odominable

PILOT HMSD TRACK FAIL
pilot
I’m curious if the Hind silhouette is some sort of inside joke after some exercise VID buffoonery or something