• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

C-12/-9/-40 Utility Squadrons

Pilot123

pilot
Anyone around here know much about flying these in the Navy sometime after your first tour? Hard to get? Something you want to avoid? Career killer? Awesome fun? etc...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
C-9s and C-40s are flown by Reserve squadrons. There are some FTS guys assigned to them, but mostly it's the Reservistas. C-12s are kind of a grab bag. Some are reservists, some are base staff guys, some are assigned to a billet, blah blah blah.

As for the rest of your questions: yes. Depending on who you ask, where you are in your career, which community you're in, phase of the moon, whether Venus is transiting Capricorn, price of sorghum in Calcutta...you get the idea.

When in doubt, use this rule of thumb: flying is better than not.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
When in doubt, use this rule of thumb: flying is better than not.

Ummmmm. True for FRS instructor - VT/HT and various WTU type jobs. After that (VX/DCMA/Station Pilot, etc) that is not true for first shore tour pilots.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Ummmmm. True for FRS instructor - VT/HT and various WTU type jobs. After that (VX/DCMA/Station Pilot, etc) that is not true for first shore tour pilots.

In answer to PM's - I am saying the jobs I mentioned above (VX/DCMA/Station Pilot, etc) are not career-enhancing for your first shore tour.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was just saying - a flying job's more fun than a non-flying job. Career-enhancing or not is a whole 'nother thing.