• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

klostman

the happy dance!
mole skin is good to go, cameras, mmmmm....I would say don't get caught with it, but yeah, many candidates bought disposal cameras over liberty and took pictures towards the end.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Better to load up and come prepared. They'll let you know what they consider contriband - and then you can use your judgement on what you can get away with or not. Worst case scenario, it gets locked up with your civie gear until they release you back to society.
I saw plenty of people get away with cold medicine and such - just keep in mind, in addition to boot camp, they've been through DI school and know every trick of the trade and every possible hiding spot.

VAmookie

i think the packing list shows a camera as optional, but you will not be able to use it while training. some guys wanted to take pictures at the end with their families by the combat and confidence courses and got chewed out

KBayDog

Midshipmanjosh said:
Are we allowed to bring stuff like mole skin for blisters?

Put together a blister kit - even though there will be a "community" footlocker for DITY medical care, and the doc visits each morning for in-house sick call, it is easier to take care of your foot problems on the spot and at your own pace. In addition, if you wanted to bring (or bring back from libo) a small foot bath (one of the little plastic bowls you put your feet in) with some epsom salts, it will give you a chance to soak your feet during your down time. Priceless.

Also, this may sound gay, but if your feet are really messed up, get a pedicure while on libo. Your feet take a pounding, and a pedicure will get them cleaned up and ready for Monday. I never got one (I was usually asleep by 1700 Saturday!) but I had buddies that did, and they swore by it.

Bottom line - your dogs are your only mode of transport for those wonderful 6-10 weeks. Treat them right, or they will get you a quick ticket out of Quantico.

Ann Merke

I don't know if I have weird freak feet, but I have had one pedicure in my life and I'm never having one again. They completely sandblasted off all the calluses on my feet and afterwards, when running and hiking, my feet got COVERED in blisters and weird residual-callus buildups. There's no WAY I'm going to get pedicures during OCS. Soaking? Fine. Foot massage? GREAT. None of that other stuff though.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
***NOTE TO SELF: I WILL NOT BRING HOME EMPTY .50CAL SPENT SHELLS, EVEN IF THE CO, XO AND CMC OF MY BOAT SAY ITS OK AND CLAIM THEY DO IT ALL THE TIME.

I'm guessing it wont go too well through airport security. But then again, I drove back to my unit :). BOOYAH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.