• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I get some help with JAG information?

black2003ss

I might have some interest in becoming a JAG or Law Officer. I already took my LSAT's, have applied to law school, and should be accepted with no issues. I was told some time ago by a recruiter that I could apply for Law Officer after one year of law school and review of my grades (up to age 34). The Navy would then let me finish law school full time and then I would owe X amount of years afterwards. I was also told that I would not go to OCS, but to a shorter school for professionals entering the Navy like doctors, chaplains, and JD's. Any of this true or false? I am considering this route versus OCS because of my age (30) and limited options as far as career choices with the Navy.

I did take the ASTB already as well if it matters.
7/7/7 OAR 60

Mos

None
Instead of OCS, JAG go to Officer Development School (ODS), which is 5 weeks long and located in Newport, RI.

For more info, you might try registering at usnavyocs.com as they have a section for JAG and other designators that go through ODS there.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Give a call to the Recruiting District in Detriot (http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/michigan/)
Tell them you want to talk to an Officer Recruiter and mention you want to be a JAG.
That would be the best starting point.
Once you get in with a JAG recruiter, you can get the ball rolling.

If you'd be interested in practicing law in the Marine Corps, marineocs.com has a decent section related to all things JAGgy. Aviation and Law are the only two guaranteed options when you apply for USMC OCS; yes, you'd have to do the full OCS/TBS path, and I'm not certain what the age limit is for the Law option. If you're up for it, I'd say it's definitely worth a look.