• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I use an ipad for note-taking?

Do they let you use a computer/tablet to take notes during the classroom section of navy OCS as well as flight training? Or is pen/paper required? Thanks for any advice :)

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Unless things have drastically changed at OCS, you have no access to personal electronic devices until your last three weeks, so no.

When I went through API, students were not allowed to use electronic devices in the API building. Not sure how that's changed in the last couple of years with CNATRA issuing everyone iPads. When you get to the VTs/HTs big boy/girl rules apply, but don't expect to be able to continue that practice when you get to the RAG, since a lot of info will be classified depending on which platform you fly.

villo0692

I just commissioned on Jan 28th....class 08 kids were given Ipads for note taking, and to look at the slides for all classes and what not. I'm not sure if it's gonna keep going, I think it was a trial period to see how it all went