• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Car vs Eurofighter (vertical) drag race

FastMover

NFO
None
Don Garlits vs. F-14

How about this one...Don Garlits vs. F-14 Tomcat on the USS John F. Kennedy around 1980.

87e1_1.JPG

I don't think they actually raced, but it made for a cool poster.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How about this one...Don Garlits vs. F-14 Tomcat on the USS John F. Kennedy around 1980.

87e1_1.JPG

That be more correctly "Big Daddy" Don Garlits to those who followed his illustrious racing career

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I love Top Gear, they have a lot of weird races and competitions that are hilarious and it's a great show.

FastMover

NFO
None
That be more correctly "Big Daddy" Don Garlits to those who followed his illustrious racing career

I stand corrected. Big Daddy has been a fan of the Navy for years. So the story goes, he went to a carrier off the coast of Vietnam during the Christmas season of 1971 at the behest of President Nixon to help boast the crew's morale and has been a fan of the USN ever since. He now has the A-7 that used to be in front of NAS Cecil on display outside of his museum in Ocala.

gtg941f

pilot
Top Gear - best show on television!

NBC apparently purchased the rights to make some American version of the show. I can't possibly see it being as good but hopefully we'll get more reviews of cars we can purchase in North America.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

87e1_1.JPG

I was wondering what happened when he got to the end.......:D