• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cell Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAmookie

A guy asked about a car... how about a cell phone. Will they bust your ass if you bring/hide your phone to OCS.

KBayDog

CORPSviation said:
A guy asked about a car... how about a cell phone. Will they bust your ass if you bring/hide your phone to OCS.

BRING - No, your ass will not be busted. Most staff will collect them as "contraband" and distribute them just prior to liberty for your use. After liberty, they will be collected again. Or, you can just leave your cell in your car.

Hide - Yes, your ass will be busted. In fact, your ass could very well be busted back home. Do not attempt to "hide" any contraband; you do NOT want to end your career before it begins by showing a lack (or PERCEIVABLE lack) of integrity.

OCS is only six or 10 weeks, and you can talk your ears off after the third week anyway. Don't risk it.

When things get "rough," think of the recruits at the MCRDs who have 13 weeks with no phone calls...

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
Good info,
Yeah, bring it, just leave it in your civvy stuff. I actually brought a PDA w/ me so that I could have all the addresses i needed for letters. I left it in my footlocker in plain sight, and nobody ever said anything to me. Weird...

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
You can charge it on liberty. If you go to a hotel, plug it in. If you stay in the barracks, plug it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.