• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Centrifuge (sp?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricechex

I saw a documentary that had this training in it. Who has been in it? Anyone seen or heard of people flunking out due to this training?

I've heard of AF guys flunking out...I think for them, different airframes have different G reqs(9 for -16s, and so on down).

riley

I saw a TV special on it once - they had Viper drivers and A-10 pilots in there - the F-16 guys/gals had to withstand 9 gs and the A-10 drivers 4 gs.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You do not flunk out in the Navy. As a matter of fact, a lot of the guys in the fleet now have not done it, the centrifuge was down for years. I am not even sure if ti is up now, the only one for the Navy (I think) is at Lemoore. The only guys I saw there were F-14/18 and EA-6 guys. The VF/A guys go up to 7.? and the Prowler guys go up to 6.? but most went with the higher limit. I saw an F-14 pass out, eyes rolled to the back of his head and it was sleepy time.....he had no idea what had happened. The reason the Navy does not kick guys out is because they see it as a learning opportunity on what your limits are. I agree with that philosophy, by that time guys have flown high G's already.

cricechex

I think I saw on the Imax film with the Bue Angels that there is one in P'cola that they have to train on. Ofcourse that could have changed by now.

kray1395

You may have seen a documentary about when they recieved from high-G training after they lost a jet a couple of years ago. They were all mandated to get some training on the C-FET trainer out in Lemoore. I only know this because my thesis for my master's in on motion based flight simulation. The same company who built the C-FET trainer for the Navy also is building the new G-FET II. Check it out here: www.etctacticalflight.com

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lets hope they build one that doesn't crack this time (though the way the Navy treats things, it might be their fault).

Status
Not open for further replies.