• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Certifying a charter aircraft free of COVID-19 for arrival at a mil base?

taxi1

pilot
Anybody heard of a formal approval procedure for bringing a chartered non-government aircraft onto a mil base, related to COVID-19? Any sort of certification required prior, beyond a PPR?

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
No clue on the process but we had a non-govt charter airplane back from the Middle East once we received our ETP in April. It landed right at Nellis. We also just deployed a detachment and had the charter plane pick them up here to go straight to the ME (with a couple of fuel stops off course).

So, it's happening on the regular, but no clue if there is a certification required.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Base Ops is going to know all the details. Like loadtoad said, it happens all the time, even on Navy bases. Although not all that land actually make a stop.

taxi1

pilot
Yeah, I did some calling around to the usual base ops suspects and there doesn't appear to be any uniform guide, mil or federal, anywhere.

I got bad gouge suggesting there was, but it came from a retired SWO, so there you go.