• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Change in age waivers for pilots?

Easydoesit

This is simply something I've heard around base: is it true that they have taken away age waivers for those applying to the pilot program? Is this also true for those applying to the NFO program?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Age waivers won't be accepted for non-prior applicants.

As for prior service, 29 remains the same for PILOT and 31 for NFO when it comes to age waivers.

Easydoesit

Yes, I'm referring to the prior service rules. What you stated is what I've been told up until recently. A friend of mine is currently enlisted and was about to submit his PILOT package when he was told by his AMO (and his recruiter if I was listening correctly) that as of a few days ago, they are no longer accept of those waivers. I was just wondering of there was an instruction stating this?

DIVO

They are still entertaining age waivers for pilots. I just got one for an applicant and he was selected. But if he is currently enlisted his CO has to request the waiver through his recommendation.