• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Checking in procedures

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
my orders tell me to report to STU AVIATION SURVIVAL TRAINING CENTER at Pensacola NET 14th NLT 16th (for 4 days of TDUI)... I was just curious how the check in process works... it doesn't specify where I need to check in. I will probably be getting there sunday evening (15th). Where do I check in? Do I need to book lodging on my own or is that something they will take care of? thanks in advance for your help.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
my orders tell me to report to STU AVIATION SURVIVAL TRAINING CENTER at Pensacola NET 14th NLT 16th (for 4 days of TDUI)... I was just curious how the check in process works... it doesn't specify where I need to check in. I will probably be getting there sunday evening (15th). Where do I check in? Do I need to book lodging on my own or is that something they will take care of? thanks in advance for your help.

I *think* this is part of NASC, so you should probably check in at the building 633 quarterdeck? When in doubt, you can call the quarterdeck between 1500 and 2300 on a weekday to talk to a petty officer standing ACDO who might know. If you call any other time you'll get an ENS.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
someone else told me that i can check in wearing working whites or khakis... is that crazy?
Lodging, do i need to arrange that myself or is that something they do for me when i check in.
and what do I need for the actual training? pt gear? man i feel so lost.

phrogpilot73

First, for lodging - check your orders. Does it say "Government quarters are directed if available"? If so - you have to call the BOQ and get a reservation. If it says government quarters are NOT available, then get a place out in town. If the BOQ does not have availability, you can get a CNA before even departing - they will give you a confirmation code.

Second, if you're doing the dunker - working uniform for classes and a swim suit for the pool.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
are you serious? :confused:

Who the hell was supposed to teach you that? They sort of dropped the ball I think. I find it odd that the Navy checks in in dress uniform, but everything I can find corroborates it. Have fun with that. Could be worse.

phrogpilot73

I find it odd that the Navy checks in in dress uniform, but everything I can find corroborates it.
The general consensus among every Navy person I know is that you're supposed to check in wearing Service Dress Blue or Service Dress White. When you check their table of equivalents (why the USMC doesn't have a similar table, I'll never know), you see that SDB/SDW's are equivalent to Service Alphas. So it seems appropriate.

shotcalla - remember, you can always dress up - but if someone is expecting you in a particular uniform and you show up dressed down, you will be labeled as "that guy".

I just left for TAD within the last week (to include the dunker), so if you have more questions - PM away...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Don't be a tool. Look good on your first day and it sets the foundation for a smoother road later on. Service dress whites are a great way to do that.

Good luck!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not that this isn't amusing, but...

shotcalla, what are you showing up for? If it's just TAD to do Av/Phys, a flight suit or khakis is fine. Call the Q early. They may or may not tell you if they have room until you show up.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Not that this isn't amusing, but...

shotcalla, what are you showing up for? If it's just TAD to do Av/Phys, a flight suit or khakis is fine. Call the Q early. They may or may not tell you if they have room until you show up.

Not that I know anything, but yeah, it seems like you would be a little bit out of place checking into ASTC in anything more than this. Most of the enlisted instructors wear PT gear or worse every day. I never saw anyone there in anything more than bags or khakis.