• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chest salad anyone?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Campaign Stars to Adorn Afghanistan and Iraq Campaign Medals

The Department of Defense announced today that campaign stars are authorized for wear on the Afghanistan Campaign Medal (ACM) and Iraq Campaign Medal (ICM).

The campaign stars recognize a service member’s particpation in DoD designated campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Service members, who have qualified for the ACM or ICM, may display a bronze campaign star on their medal for each designated campaign phase in which they participated. The stars will be worn on the suspension and campaign ribbon of the campaign medal.

The three campaign phases and associated dates established for the ACM are:

(1) Liberation of Afghanistan – Sep. 11, 2001 to Nov. 30, 2001.

(2) Consolidation I – Dec. 1, 2001 to Sep. 30, 2006.

(3) Consolidation II – Oct. 1, 2006 to a date to be determined.

The four campaign phases and associated dates established for the ICM are:

(1) Liberation of Iraq – March 19, 2003 to May 1, 2003.

(2) Transition of Iraq – May 2, 2003 to June 28, 2004.

(3) Iraqi Governance – June 29, 2004 to Dec. 15, 2005.

(4) National Resolution – Dec. 16, 2005 to a date to be determined.

Service members should contact their respective Military Departments for specific implementation guidance

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I would think a more rational way might be to give a star for every subsequent tour in the AOR of 90 days (or pick a number) or longer. These phases seem incredibly arbitrary. Does 1 day in country in each phase get 4 stars? Does a tour that overlaps 2 phases get 2 stars? Just odd.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Missed Consolidation I window by a month and a half - no use goin' back, I guess.:D

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What about multiple deployments ISO one "campaign phase" period? Of course, that would make way more sense, so we will not be doing that.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Elmer's White Glue has always worked well for me.

I pull off the little prongs and stick them on there with clear super glue. The seatbelt is just going to rip them off in 2 weeks anyway, so I might as well not put a hole in the ribbon.