• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

China Spacewalkin'

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
All are fighter pilots....no suprise. I wouldn't be suprised if the PRC has a moon mission in the next 10-20 years.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
yea...too bad we space walked in the fifties and landed on the moon in the 60's, or this race would be too close to call.

B

Blutonski816

yea...too bad we space walked in the fifties and landed on the moon in the 60's

dude...
both in sixties...
Ed White on June 3 of '65...

Not to mention Leonov's spacewalk 2 months before...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
sorry, my history was weak sauce on that one, i couldn't remember if it was early 60's or late 50's on the spacewalk. Either way, we did it almost 50 years ago.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
sorry, my history was weak sauce on that one, i couldn't remember if it was early 60's or late 50's on the spacewalk. Either way, we did it almost 50 years ago.

We did.....It is still a major technological feat for any nation that can do it, including the PRC.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Especially them - when's the last time a GOOD product came out of China?

I like these Chinese products...
1172650988Chicken%20Pot%20Stickers

General_Tsos_Chicken-1.29101539_std.JPG

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Jokes aside (regardless of how fucking awesome General Tso's chicken is), I wouldn't be overly suprised if there was a 2nd space race, especially one with more overt military undertones than the last one. I don't have any real evidence to point to beyond their instigation of ASAT tests, it's just a gut feeling that they wouldn't have many reservations against the further militarization of space.

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
I believe that Star Wars technology was very cool stuff.

(Maybe they serve melamine frosted flakes to their astronauts.)

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Jokes aside (regardless of how fucking awesome General Tso's chicken is), I wouldn't be overly suprised if there was a 2nd space race, especially one with more overt military undertones than the last one. I don't have any real evidence to point to beyond their instigation of ASAT tests, it's just a gut feeling that they wouldn't have many reservations against the further militarization of space.

Believe it....the China has an active ASAT program.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Yeah we made it to the moon.

Then people thought it was routine and stopped caring so we stopped going back and also let the technology die. No one today knows how those Apollo rockets worked. The technology was placed in mothballs and the people who created it grew older and faded. We once made it to the moon in 8 years. Bush asks that we go back by 2015. He said that in 2004. Why should it take us 11 years to do today what we once did in 8 from scratch?

Did we have a race once before? Yes. Have we forgotten most of what we learned? Yes. Is it sad that it is going to take us longer to do today what we've done before? Yes.