• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese Airliner Hijacked

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would be a bit wary of the official Chinese line on this, it makes them look good when there were rising security concerns abotu the upcoming Olympics. Another reason that I am skeptical is that the Uighurs, a Turkic Muslim minority, have been a favorite target of the Beijing government for some time. Granted, some have shown up in Afghanistan on the wrong side of the conflict and there have been some attacks in western China attributed to them, but China has a nasty tendancy not being able distingush between legitimate/peaceful protest and terrorism (re: Tiananmen Square).

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I think they can distinguish. They just choose to deal with both issues in the same way.
The "Chinese" have a very tenuous relationship with the many, many ethnic minorities that they rule over who haven't been assimilated into their culture.