• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese Ambassador Urges U.S. to 'Shut Up'

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Very diplomatic, Sha. Good one.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who's an alcoholic. "You just need to shut up! I'm not hurting anyone, and life is better when I drink, and I'm not hurting anyone, so you just need to shut up!"

(He can also quit whenever he wants.)

AppleCello

I heard the sound bite on the radio. i had to take a few minutes to recover after some gut-busting laughs. Funny though how it comes across-- frustration that the Chinese gov't can't control what we say. They're so used to clamping down on speech that this is just their normal, knee-jerk reaction to any criticism.

What do they not understand about all this? We speak to represent out interests, as they do theirs. Disagreements are fine and all, but throwing a diplomatic tantrum won't gain you any respect or credibility. He should have just said "we understand the American perspective on this situation but we take a different point of view for reasons x,y,z."

Imbecile...