• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chuck Yeager

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
"This is so cool. I'm excited," she told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "He's in the back seat where the instructor pilot sits because he's the elder statesman." ;)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Pretty cool that he is still doing this at 89, but this isn't the first re-enactment he has done in the trunk of a -15 either

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Pretty cool that he is still doing this at 89, but this isn't the first re-enactment he has done in the trunk of a -15 either

Last sentence of the article:

"On the anniversary of the historic flight last year, Yeager flew an F-16 to reach Mach 1, the speed of sound."

I think I've heard that he does it every year.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I wouldn't call flying at Mach 1 on the same date every year a reenactment. A reenactment would be climbing into a rebuilt Bell X-1 and getting dropped out of a B-52 and going faster than sound.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wouldn't call flying at Mach 1 on the same date every year a reenactment. A reenactment would be climbing into a rebuilt Bell X-1 and getting dropped out of a B-52 and going faster than sound.
Yes. And maybe thinking there is a reasonable chance of not surviving what no one has ever done before in history, and that which many said could not be done.