• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cindy Sheehan calls it quits!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I really believe it when she sells her property in Crawford and stops hugging Jesse Jackson. I think she finally figured out that she was being used....here's the link

BackOrdered

Contributor
In other words, she acknowledges that she isn't the first woman to lose a son to a war in a volunteer army.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I really believe it when she sells her property in Crawford and stops hugging Jesse Jackson. I think she finally figured out that she was being used....here's the link

My favorite.......;)

sheehan_chavez.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And yet even more on Cindy...some from Cindy herself

Ward Carroll has a few choice words to say in his Op-ed on Cindy's latest news and here's the full letter from Cindy herself decrying her label as an "Attention-Whore", but calling herself the "face of the Anti-war movement".

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
My favorite was this little gem from the blog post:

“Good-bye America ... you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

“It’s up to you now.”

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Ward Carroll has a few choice words to say in his Op-ed on Cindy's latest news and here's the full letter from Cindy herself decrying her label as an "Attention-Whore", but calling herself the "face of the Anti-war movement".

Thanks for the links. I couldn't even read her whole letter. My thought was "THIS is who the peaceniks have been following?" She's really not very smart. It shows in her writing. That Ward Carroll piece is pretty good though. She's trying to become some sort of martyr for her followers, but she's just making a complete buffoon of herself. Some people just don't get it.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
She lost her son, her country and her husband

Thanks for the links. I couldn't even read her whole letter. My thought was "THIS is who the peaceniks have been following?" She's really not very smart. It shows in her writing. That Ward Carroll piece is pretty good though. She's trying to become some sort of martyr for her followers, but she's just making a complete buffoon of herself. Some people just don't get it.

Interesting that her husband of 28 years wasn't buying it at all and filed for divorce when he saw where she was headed over two years ago before she spent everything they had (including the insurance from their son).

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
Although I do not agree with her actions, I can't help but feel sorry for the woman. She lost her son. I cannot imagine the pain and the grief that she must deal with on a daily basis. I hope that now that she's given up her "cause" she can begin the grief process and start healing.