• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Citadel NROTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFuqua86

I will be attending Citadel in the fall and will be taking place in the NROTC program. My ultimate goal is to fly for the Navy. I understand just how difficult and demanding it is to earn a shot at flight school, and am prepared to do what it takes to get there. I was wondering if any of you who recieved your comissions through NROTC could tell me exactly what i need to do to get there, what exactly are the criteria for SNA and SNFO selection.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
Can someone tell me if the STA-21 guys are fully integrated into the NROTC unit?

(Sorry for the thread hijack.)

KBayDog

Yes they are, and no they aren't, unless things have dramatically changed in the past year.

The Citadel is a little different in how NROTC runs. Since it is so large, and there are so many active-duty students, there are basically four sub-groups: Enlisted Navy, enlisted Marines, NROTC Navy-option mids, NROTC Marine-option mids. Almost without exception, the Navy sticks with the Navy, and the Marines stick with the Marines - the two "halves" of the NROTC unit have nothing to do with each other, aside from the senior ethics class.

For the most part, the four groups really have nothing to do with each other. Sure, the Marines will occasionally PT with the Marine mids, and same with the Sailors. However, for the most part, they are not "fully" integrated in that they have to go to all formations, PT all the time, go to all the labs, etc.

Navyfan06

pilot
Hey I am Mid/Cadet here at El Cid. As of this past semester the OC's are fully integrated into the Navy Battalion. They do everything we do, which is good and bad. There are alot of disgruntled OC's. Most have been in the navy for a while and are upset that they have to attend the stuff all the Cadets have to do. If you have any questions let me know. Also for the pre-knob...have you received your company assignment yet? As for the SNA/SNFO stuff...you need to work on your grades. So dont get caught up shining your damn shoes all night when you need to study (kids actually do that). But all you can do for your first 2 1/2 years is get the best grades you can. 2nd semester junior year you will start taking physicals and other stff. Oh yes, somewhere between knob year and junior year you gotta take the ASTB. Check the other threads about it. Any questions?? just PM me

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Is LT Maxwell one of the NROTC instructors there? If so, I can tell some stories on that guy.

I could've taken orders to NROTC at The Citadel but thought I I would have to be too "military" and after a P-3 Tour, that just seemed like a lot or work.

Steve

Navyfan06

pilot
Yea Lt. Maxwell is here, he is cool. The ROTC dept here is pretty chill, I routinely see the LT's going to Moe's. A bar right off campus. Any stoies would be appreciated. If you can please PM them to me. Thanks. --Oh yea El Cid duty is pretty cool ...no need to be extra military or anything.

Hope2Fly said:
...I was wondering if any of you who recieved your comissions through NROTC could tell me exactly what i need to do to get there, what exactly are the criteria for SNA and SNFO selection.
Check this out: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10620

Basically, get good grades (at least 3.0), do well on the ASTB (probably want at least 5's), prove yourself to be a good leader (affects aptitude score), and as long as you pass the physical you're good to go. :icon_smil

Navyfan06

pilot
A technical major will give you a slight advantage. But its all relative. This year a 3.7 Poli Sci major got picked up for pilot while a 2.7 Civil Eng. did not. Just make the highest grades you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.