• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Citizenship question

Vasconcelos

Woah woah woah woah, I'm pretty shocked on what i just read. " In order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Navy, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen." So technically, Since i was born in Barra Mansa Brasil, I'm not able to be an officer? (P.S. Sorry for the change of topics.)

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
Woah woah woah woah, I'm pretty shocked on what i just read. " In order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Navy, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen." So technically, Since i was born in Barra Mansa Brasil, I'm not able to be an officer? (P.S. Sorry for the change of topics.)

Easy now...the OR should be emphasied. You can't be the President but you can be a Naval Officer.

bluesig1

sure thing
None

You are correct. I had dual citizenship until I was 18 (born in one country parents of the US). Do you fall under that catagory? If one of your parents is a US citizen when you were born abroad you would fall under jus sanguinis
Otherwise I think when you turn 18 you will have to apply for citizenship for the US if you want to be an officer. Or if your parents do it before you turn 18 then you can automatically become one. Anyone correct me if I am wrong I don't want to pass bad gouge.

Vasconcelos

I'm a US Citizen, Yeah. But both of my parents are from Brazil, My step dad is from the US though, Thats actually how we got our Citizenship.

SkywardET

Contrarian
If you were naturalized, you will likely just have a bit of extra paperwork to do, to verify that fact. Natural-born citizens usually just require a birth certificate or some such.

As long as you are a US citizen, then your options are virtually unlimited on the path to a commission.