• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Civ A4 Scooter rebuild to flight status

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Looks like they are going to exhibit the MIG-17 that LCDR Swartz shot down as well....isn't that it behind the Scooter?

Awesome post!

JT Eagle

The whole history of this jet is at: http://www.warbirdheritagefoundation.org/WHF_AC_A4_1_Hist.html
It's an A-4B painted to represent TR Swartz's A-4C. The actual MiG-killing jet crashed at Oceana circa 1972, whereas this one seems to have been with utility (VC) units during most of the Vietnam period, excluding a stint with VSF-3.
This particular jet was flying for a few years in the late 1980s, but since then was displayed indoors at Oshkosh and wheeled outdoors during the EAA conventions. There are a bunch of A-4Cs and Ls (like the B, all J65-engined) being restored at present by other groups, but this one has a chance of being the first to make it back in the air.

JT

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The size of the a/c compared to newer fleet jets is pretty astounding....it actually appears to be on the same order of scale as some of the gen av aircraft in the hangar w/ it.

brownshoe

Contributor
Thanks so much for posting this link. Those pictures on that website are really clear, they take me back 40 years. Great little plane and fun to work on.

Steve

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Thanks so much for posting this link. Those pictures on that website are really clear, they take me back 40 years. Great little plane and fun to work on.

Steve

I'll bet, the entire tail section comes off! Looks like a dream to work on! Who was the manufacturer?