• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Club sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
yeah, just as long as you manage your time well. I know a friend in my unit that plays college tennis and his practice is in the morning during out pt sessions. His team practice sometimes takes the place of pt.

our unit has its own small club sports that play college games with frats, like volleyball, dodgeball, baseball, etc.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
dlaxman30 said:
what happens during away games?

As long as you give your game schedule to who ever needed it (AMOI) ahead of time (at the beginning of the game season), they didnt mind. It is when you tell them the day before that you have to miss something they get pisssed

Now there are some things you cant miss but those dont happen too often

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
do you play lacrosse dlaxman, im guessing def

I played lacrosse, attack, mostly in h.s., i couldnt manage my time well enough so i stopped in college

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
At my ROTC unit we had guys/gals who played Varsity sports and were able to balance out their time adequately. Our unit also had its own team for all the intramural sports.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Play all the sports you want. But keep this in mind:

DON'T GET HURT

Tearing an ACL or something that serious can seriously delay your commission. I've seen it happen.

beau

I would say it would be up to your NROTC unit and how you are doing in School at the time......for example...

you join a club team in the fall semester of your sophmore year where your grades have been good your past year....lets say at the end of the sememster your grades take a hit.....dont expect your NROTC advisor to let you continue playing sports. That is just the name of the game. If you had been doing marginal or poorly before starting sports dont expect them to sign off on it either. Grades are the name of the game. Everything else is secondary...even drill sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.