• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CMP: Garands & '03's coming up

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
From the Civilian Marksmanship Program (a.k.a., CMP -- used to be the DCM) website:

M1C RIFLES TO BE AUCTIONED IN 2007 .... NEW IN WRAP GARANDS TO BE AUCTIONED ... New in wrap Garand/M1C auctions

M1903 AND M1903A3 RIFLES ALSO AVAILABLE through 2009 ....

And the best for last ... FINALLY !!! ....M1 CARBINES SOON TO BE AVAILABLE FROM THE CMP .... M1 Carbine information

A piece of history can still be had .... :)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
This is a good heads up about a second chance for many...I almost waited too long and am happy every day that I got a nice Garand. The writing is on the wall for CMP rifles...DO NOT DELAY...

http://www.odcmp.com/

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I was wondering when they were finally going to start selling those M1 carbines.. supposedly they have hundreds of them stock-piled away.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just visited the site and while I'm seriously considering getting an M1 Garand, their recently acquired M1903s seem rather worn out based on their descriptions.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Depends what decent means I expect...

I think mine is absolutely decent...WWII receiver and walnut stock...good shooter...425$.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not to sound like a killjopy...but the auctions I saw were a tad expensive...$2500. Are there cheaper rifles available for the average weekend shooter, that are perhaps not match grade 100% mint?

Cheers,
G

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Not to sound like a killjopy...but the auctions I saw were a tad expensive...$2500. Are there cheaper rifles available for the average weekend shooter, that are perhaps not match grade 100% mint?

Cheers,
G

I think mine is absolutely decent...WWII receiver and walnut stock...good shooter...425$.

;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Cheers,
G
The auctions are for new or more rare rifles. If you look under Service grade and Rack Grade, you will find ones for more like $500.