• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNET Two-Year NROTC Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscnrotc

Hey all,

I was wondering if someone out there could give me any information as to my chances of getting the CNET Two-year scholarship. I have not had the Engineering-based Calc courses, but I have had a Business Calculus course(which I Aced), me being a Finance and Economics double major. I signed a calc waiver and a form promising to take the required Math and Physics. I am a junior on a five year academic schedule. My Cum. GPA is a 3.3 and I am a member of the South Carolina Honors College.
I sent in my application on March 13th. However, the NROTC department could not give me a realistic estimate of my chances, because I am the first student since they can remember to apply for the 2-year. Also I was wondering as to how many appliciants CNET will review, being that there is only about 70 nrotc universities.

The Double D

Double D
2 Year Scholarship

I would not say it is impossible, however, I would not count on it. The class you are trying to get in (2/C) nationally for next year is over manned. We have a couple of college program students not getting advanced standing (they pay for college themselves). If you had a 3.5 in engineering you could be more hopefull.

The Double D

Double D
Do not worry about being realistic. If it is your dream to fly navy then go fly navy. If they say no ask again. I was told numerous times I would never be accepted, make it, become an officer. Now I am and have done it. My doom and gloom responses are for realistic purposes only. Timing is everything and you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.