• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cockpit sounds

selmacf7

Anyone know where I can find an audio file of cockpit sounds for military aircraft... specifically fighters? Buddy is trying to set up some kind of lock-tone deal for MSFS and wants to add some of *****in betty's voices as well as the threat warning sounds (you know the obnoxious buzzing sounds for missile lock, etc.). Found a couple of Betty's basics off a viper forum but can't get the lock sounds.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Falcon 4.0/Allied Force? There's tons of stuff in that game...as well as being a pretty decent game.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RHAW tones

erautreetopflyr said:
Anyone know where I can find an audio file of cockpit sounds for military aircraft... specifically fighters? Buddy is trying to set up some kind of lock-tone deal for MSFS and wants to add some of *****in betty's voices as well as the threat warning sounds (you know the obnoxious buzzing sounds for missile lock, etc.). Found a couple of Betty's basics off a viper forum but can't get the lock sounds.

Usually movies are wayyyy off, but Flight of the Intruder actually had some fairly authentic sounds for the ALR-45/50..made my hair stand up when I walked into a room and heard it playing on the TV, but not expecting it

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
"Red October" airs occassionally on the military channel and has quite authentic sounds from the Hornet

Lawman

None
heyjoe said:
Usually movies are wayyyy off, but Flight of the Intruder actually had some fairly authentic sounds for the ALR-45/50..made my hair stand up when I walked into a room and heard it playing on the TV, but not expecting it

I downloaded a few sound clips off a webpage that were all from L.A Attack Boats. One was apparently the worst single thing that can happen on a sub where you actually have time to use an alarm..... I piped it through the stereo and woke my roommate with it (former bubblehead).