• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cold weather issue

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
They give you Goretex stuff. The only cold weather gear you might need is the stuff you'll wear the first couple of days in civies. After that they'll issue you everything you need.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
It is up to your platoon staff as to what you can wear as far as bringing your own cold weather gear.

You will get issues gortex top and bottom, fleece gloves and beanie. Thats about it except for the sweatshirt.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
It is up to your platoon staff as to what you can wear as far as bringing your own cold weather gear.

You will get issues gortex top and bottom, fleece gloves and beanie. Thats about it except for the sweatshirt.

The gortex top and bottom are great to keep you dry, but they don't do much to hold in the heat. They were life savers at TBS (Alpha Co, yut yut) but that was with some other warming layers under them, plus cammies. I was a summer boy for OCS, best of luck to those doing the Quigly in the winter. :shake_125 Steel balls ...

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I heard rumors that OD green under armor (or similar brands) are authorized for candidates in some companies.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle

Depends on company staff.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Didnt they screw with you all when you went outside and each platoon had different stuff? The company GySgt chewed us out because one of the platoons had their rifles slung differently.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Didnt they screw with you all when you went outside and each platoon had different stuff? The company GySgt chewed us out because one of the platoons had their rifles slung differently.

My Platoon was the only platoon in the company that had to have ALL of our OD shirts marked for PT. On flag days, while in formation, there were plenty of candidates from other platoons that wore shirts with only their last names marked. Platoon staff all have their own little quirks

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Theoretically everything is supposed to be uniform throughout the company, although I agree that this is only an occasional reality.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
My Platoon was the only platoon in the company that had to have ALL of our OD shirts marked for PT. On flag days, while in formation, there were plenty of candidates from other platoons that wore shirts with only their last names marked. Platoon staff all have their own little quirks

*sigh* I miss the days when the biggest concern was if you marked your PT shirt dark enough or not .... or maybe I dont :yuck_125:

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
*sigh* I miss the days when the biggest concern was if you marked your PT shirt dark enough or not .... or maybe I dont :yuck_125:

yeah yeah yeah...Give me a break, it was the only specific example I could think of at the moment that related to my point.

Lawman

None

We were the only Platoon in Alpha that did inspection in uniforms without white name tapes. It never turned around to bite us once while we were their, even when the other SI's inspected us. I guess if the Platoon was uniform good enough.