• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College Activities

Fetter

I was just looking through the stats thread and I notice that a lot of people were in athletics, clubs, and organizations in college. I could pack my application full of things I did only in high school, but does that even matter? My delimma is that I have to work full time to afford college at all. I don't have time to do anything else but study, eat, and maybe sleep. Does work experience through college and making a living indepentenly make up for the lack of sports/activities in college?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Does work experience through college and making a living indepentenly make up for the lack of sports/activities in college?

Yes. A degree is a degree...if you need to work to make it through, then you'll have a repoire with your boss and he can write the recommendations. Having a job for 3-4 yrs will look great on your application.

Good luck.

~Dan

STLEngineer

pilot
Kinda agree here...

Putting that you were involved in activities in college shows the board you weren't just hanging out all the time. It shows that you were proactive and got involved in activities.

Working through college shows a lot of responsibility and maturity, it shouldn't hurt you at all. Plus you can brag on yourself a little in your personal statement.

Fetter

Good to know. I just feel like I am at a disadvantage because my parents don't pay for everything so I can eat pizza and party all through college. If I had that much free time I would be doing all kinds of application filling extracurricular activities.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I have not turned in my packet yet, however I too have few college activities. I listed the things that I have done in the work force (general management position, counceling high school kids, etc.) and I am not worried about that part of the application. Focus on what you have done, not what you could have done.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I just feel like I am at a disadvantage because my parents don't pay for everything so I can eat pizza and party all through college.

The Navy gave me $150/mo to do that. :) Oh and my parents, and my job, etc. You're not at a disadvantage.