• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Commissioning ceremony

snake020

Contributor
I have decided in the coming weeks when the Navy decides to work out orders and gives me a timeline that I want to have a commissioning ceremony. I could make it easy and just find an officer or public official to give me my oath and be done with it, but I would like to have a formal event back in California with a party/reception afterwards for about 20-30 friends and family throughout the state to celebrate the combination of finishing my first deployment, getting paroled from the air force, and embarking on a new career as I head off to API.

Some possibilities I thought of but have crossed off:

-Using the O'club at Travis AFB. Cheap and easy, but not close to anything important for me and it's at an air force base.
-Asking UC Berkeley if I could mooch off of their ceremony if they have a winter commissioning. Timeline will probably not line up (too far out) and that's their event, not mine.

Ideally I would like to do it in Monterey where I grew up and at NPS, but after looking at the Club Del Monte brochure there was no simple small club to be found and most of their facilities seemed to be geared towards huge weddings, conferences, or military balls (and cost $$$$$). Not sure what's available at DLI because they make it a PITA to get on base unless you're assigned there.

Thoughts anyone?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah, Club Del Monte could be pretty pricey. Here's a thought, have you considered seeing if you can reserve the Trident Room in the basement of Herman Hall at NPS? For 20-30 people it's plenty big enough, and if you move the tables around you'd get some more space. Plus, I think it's just a pretty cool place (one of my favorite bars) and they always had great beer on tap, not to mention all of the cool stuff, squadron plaques, etc, hanging up on the walls.

As for DLI being a pita, do you mean to reserve stuff on base or just getting access? I dunno about reservations but I never had any trouble at all getting on while I was in Monterey.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Thoughts anyone?

If you need a real, live Naval Officer to administer your oath of office, I guess you could fly me out to Monterrey. I suppose I would also have to be a guest at your party too. It sounds like a lot of work, but I think I am up to it.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
If you need a real, live Naval Aviator to administer your oath of office, I guess you could fly me out to Monterrey. I suppose I would also have to be a guest at your party too. It sounds like a lot of work, but I think I am up to it.

Fixed it for ya.