• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Confusion and the decision that came from it.

Ok so not that anyone much gives a damn...but ima tell yall anyways...So heres what happened. When I was at MC OCS (air contract) I got sent home 3 weeks into training because of busted ribs, constipation, and family problems. When I got home I got rediculously depressed and really confused and started looking at mabey trying to get into the BDCP program for the navy..and that mabey God just didnt want me in the Corps flying. But this past week I went to the beach with my best friend from high school and got to thinking one night while I was there. I thought to myself, "you know Josh, If you dont go back to the corps your gonna be a quitter...and the sun never shined on quitters, (well actually a good friend of mine the I actually met on air warriors told me that...thanks Dan)". So here I am not sleeping at 0134 and im like...well hell I cant take this anymore, I hate being a civilian and I wanna go back so bad I cant stand it. So I called my OSO not expecting him to answer...in which he didnt, and left a message asking him to call me and that I wanted back in really bad. He didnt call me the next morning so I called him and we had a little chat. It started off," I thought you wanted to go into the navy to fly now", and I responded back with a quick no Sir I was just having a crazy spell. Its a good thing me and my OSO are friends (he actually went to the same high school as me...but the funny thing is we met back up in virginia (our school was in N Carolina), so he graciously told me he would help me get back in. Now as you all know the Marines arent too sympathetic to people who are hurting, or constipated beyond belief, or there mom is bi-polar and flipped out. But they see it as whats gonna happen when this kid is in combat. My life long dream is to be a Naval Aviator and here withen the past year it has turned to me a Marine Corps Naval Aviator. But anyways to wrap this thread up (I know its long as hell) ive decided to enlist in the reserves (split option) and then ASAP after I get back resubmit my package which my OSO says will be no problem getting selected again because of going through basic and the fact that I was doing so well at OCS. And the good thing is that I have finished up my freshman year of college so ill still be able to do all this and finish between my junior and senior year and the time frame wont be any different. And another plus is that of being a "mustang officer". Only downside is going to 10 week OCS instead of 6/6. O yea and having to go through Parris Island. But according to my prior enlisted friends at MCOCS OCS is way harder than basic anyways. But in conclusion to my essay here basically im going back to the corps. And thanks for reading my last post to anyone that did....and leave me some comments even though there really isnt anything to comment about lol.....Later guys..(and girls)

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Why exactly did you decide to enlist? Did your OSO tell you tbis would enhance your chances of getting another package accepted? If your dream is to be a Marine and Naval Aviator, enlisting is going to complicate that path in the immediate future at the very least.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A word of caution, going to boot camp one summer serving a year in the reserves then going to OCS does not really make you a prior enlisted or Mustang Officer. Yes you have the experience of boot camp but you have not really worked your way up the ranks like the MECEP, ECP guys did. Im not saying dont take this course of action you have chosen Im just saying dont loudly talk about being prior enlisted because someone that did 4-8 years LCpl through Sgt then commisioned will put you in your place and rightly so.
Good luck