• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

contact lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibar

Are you allowed to wear contact lenses at OCS? In the booklet I have it says "Candidates who wear contacts should bring a pair of glasses and a sports strap to keep them in place." This doesn't mean that you can't wear contacts, only that you must take your glasses right?

sibar

Unfortunate. I've seen those nasty things. I thought only the Army & Marines wore them though.

Mahler

When I took my flight physical at ACES they tested my right eye just off from 20/20 and said I'll need glasses for flying. I told them I've always tested 20/20 in both eyes (at MEPS and even my last FAA exam I took just a couple of months ago) and they said it's so close to 20/20, most examiners would just call it as such. They actually found the right prescription for my eye and I couldn't belive how much crisper things looked to me. The doc said I would be required to wear a lens for my right eye when I fly (even though the FAA doesn't require me to), but otherwise I pretty much have 20/20 vision in both eyes. My question is are they going to make me wear glasses at OCS??? It would seem pretty lame to, but I wouldn't put it past them.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.