• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corps Of Cadets

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Has anyone ever heard of the Virginia Tech Corps Of Cadets? Has anyone been through the program? The reason I ask is, they have been spending some serious time talking to me and trying to get me to go through their program. I was just wondering what it is like and whether it is any good or not, compared to say The Citadel or VMI?(who are also both trying to get me to go to their schools, respectively).
Virginia Tech Corps Of Cadets

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Several friends of mine in Primary were in the VT Corps. The main benefit from what I gather is that VT's got a huge civilian part, so you get to enjoy the benefits of a civi school while being in ROTC. Unlike Norwich, VMI, or the Citadel, which are small or all military. And I've got to throw out a good word for my alma mater, Norwich. If you're checking out those, give it a look. www.norwich.edu

I can't really say whether VT is any good, but that depends on what you're looking for. Granted being in the Corps for college kinda sucks, but you'll make some of the best friends of your life there. Good luck whatever you choose man.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Yeah Kent is right, any of those four are great choices. Also take into account what area of the country you'd like to be in: Norwich is around some great skiing, A&M has nice weather (and its in Texas:D ), Citadel on the coast, and VMI an VA Tech near DC. All things to think about.