• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpsman Arrested

k_smittay

2 morals of this story...

1) This may show the inadequacy of psychological and emotional help the military receives when returning from a combat zone.

2) Don't chase your wife with a butcher knife and then continue to approach police officers with the knife. That’s a no no.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know it's not really the point of your post, but there's more and more Docs with combat aircrew wings nowadays. There's an HMC at P'cola with them - he was the first one I'd seen - and since then I've seen several more attached to the HMH squadron here in DJ.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
2 morals of this story...

1) This may show the inadequacy of psychological and emotional help the military receives when returning from a combat zone.
2) Don't chase your wife with a butcher knife and then continue to approach police officers with the knife. That’s a no no.

I would not be so quick to assume that this was the result of his experiences in Iraq. There are plenty of guys who are screwed up who are in the service, and a lot are not even remotely service or combat related.

sickboy

pilot
I think he might have been in A-school with me. There was someone named Perez, although I'm sure there's more than one.

S.O.B.

pilot
Their called SARCORPSMAN and the NEC is or was 8401. Pretty good deal really. At one point the Navy would send them to civilian Paramedic schools and other advanced medical training. Prior to the war SARCORPSMAN were primarily assigned to stationed sar units but I believe they're now with the air ambulance guys and Marine squadrons.

k_smittay

I would not be so quick to assume that this was the result of his experiences in Iraq. There are plenty of guys who are screwed up who are in the service, and a lot are not even remotely service or combat related.

That is why I said "may". The second moral of not running around after your wife with a butcher wife still applies though.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I've had a few 8401s work for me. All good guys. One in particular was a walking sea story...probably the most dependable and unconventional guy on my staff. He was attacked by his GF (wielding a butcher knife) and I got to witness it. Oh, they ended up getting married. And divorced.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
He was attacked by his GF (wielding a butcher knife)

Geez, does being a corpsman require either attacking or being attacked by knives? SOG, new calling in life maybe?:)

I've had a few 8401s work for me. All good guys. One in particular was a walking sea story...probably the most dependable and unconventional guy on my staff. He was attacked by his GF (wielding a butcher knife) and I got to witness it. Oh, they ended up getting married. And divorced.

Those crazy Pecker Checkers. :D