• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corrective Lenses Allowed to select 1390

ibennetti

I've skimmed through the NAMI vision waiver requirements AND SINCE I decided to give up my lucrative career as an opthamologist to go to flight school, I was hoping someone could tell help me out. If a MIDN or OC (NROTC) has corrective lenses and wants to go pilot; do they no longer need to get the PRK surgery and what is the general (no pun intended) cut off?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've skimmed through the NAMI vision waiver requirements AND SINCE I decided to give up my lucrative career as an opthamologist to go to flight school, I was hoping someone could tell help me out. If a MIDN or OC (NROTC) has corrective lenses and wants to go pilot; do they no longer need to get the PRK surgery and what is the general (no pun intended) cut off?

How is the word general a pun?

Brett

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I tested 20/25 in one eye and the Doc still recommended me on the spot for SNA, but indicated that I will have to wear glasses/contacts.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I tested 20/25 in one eye and the Doc still recommended me on the spot for SNA, but indicated that I will have to wear glasses/contacts.

Unfortunately, he has very little say in the matter. Not that you should have a problem.