• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corsair coming to Pappy Boyington Field

PBF

This Vought F4U-5NL Corsair will be flying in to Pappy Boyington Field in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho on Saturday, August 13 at Noon.

With the historical connection between the Pappy and the Corsair, this will be an excellent opportunity in our little town to recognize the Centennial of Naval Aviation.

If you know someone in this area who would like to see this Warbird, please pass on the word.

navy corsair2.jpg

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
That's an understatement.

If an F4U was a woman, I'd fuck it.

Well, it's no Phrog...

trollface.jpg

PBF

We had a great event with the Corsair visit. The Pilot did several fast & low passes for us and he landed to very appreciative crowd. A fun day at Pappy Boyington Field.

Attachments

• Corsair-pass2.jpg
    Corsair-pass2.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 11

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Pappy Boyington Field in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho]

Awesome, and Coeur d' Alene.... if I remeber correct this is roughly sand point, Idaho/ Schwitzer Mtn. I used to race in a national mountain bike series that stopped off there, beautiful place. Just got a hold of the Baa Baa Black Sheep Season to watch for the second time. "He's only been flying for thee months and he's already a Japanese Ace!"

ryan1234

Interesting story about that particular airframe coming out of Honduras circa 1978... she was sitting alert at Tegucigalpa up until 1976 and a veteran of the Soccer War.