• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CORTRAMID West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird8610

For those who got back from Cortramid East, do you have any advice for those going West? Was there anything you should have packed but didn't, or vice versa? Overall, how was your experience there?

Thanks

UMichfly

pilot
None
I didn't just get back from east but I did go west last summer so hopefully I can help. The big things that I saw people needing but not having were adaquate sets of casual clothing for the abundant libbo as well as sunscreen. The last thing you want is a sunburn when you're at Camp Pendleton. The gas chamber burns enough with unburned skin, much less with the lobster look. PM me if you have any other specific questions.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
What he said, bring a ton of civvies. Pack your sea bag AND a hanging bag or whatever for you uniforms. You will have a BEQ room to store all of your stuff in, so bringing extra luggage isn't a big deal

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just got back from east...freakin sweet. I'd say just always be on time, remember to sign in at night (the knock at the door will be very unpleasant if you don't) and don't **** over the midshipman chain of command that the company LT assigns. If they tell you to do something, don't ***** about it, just do it.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Everyone got T-34 rides last year in San Diego and most got more flight time either in -60's or in S-3's. The only major exceptions were the Marine Options.

Pags

N/A
pilot
UMichfly said:
Everyone got T-34 rides last year in San Diego and most got more flight time either in -60's or in S-3's. The only major exceptions were the Marine Options.

I just have a slight personal bias towards East Coast -34s this year...where everyone who had an upchit got a ride.

But when I was a new 3/c back in the day, I went west coast and got to do a lot of cool stuff. Bring lots of civies, ask questions, enjoy San Diego, and stay out of trouble (TJ).

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
West coast was fun when i went...

Don't leave your laundry unattended for any period of time though, and don't leave anything personal out in your room when you are not in it. They had problems there with people stealing things.

Don't get caught violating liberty cerfew, being in TJ, or not paying for a trolley ticket.

Do bring a lot of extra clothes and spending money.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zippy said:
Don't leave your laundry unattended for any period of time though

Living in a BOQ and leaving laundry unattended for periods of time in the machines is a mortal SIN. I hated those fvckers that would leave their sh!t in the machines for an hour. A$$holes, all of them.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
No No, I had uniform items stolen out of the washing machine, or dryer, while it was running (it had one of those cycle locks too)... i meant stand there the entire time you are doing your laundry.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zippy said:
No No, I had uniform items stolen out of the washing machine, or dryer, while it was running (it had one of those cycle locks too)... i meant stand there the entire time you are doing your laundry.

Oh, ok, that does suck. No excuse for stealing.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Fly Navy said:
Oh, ok, that does suck. No excuse for stealing.

I agree. I had a bunch of shorts snagged from me. Recommend watching your laundry. Bring a book or your celly. And dont be that dude who leaves their sh!t in the dryer and takes forever to take it out. Otherwise ppl WILL take it upon themselves and take it out for you. You wont be happy when you find all your crap on the floor or behind the dryer :eek:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fezz CB said:
Otherwise ppl WILL take it upon themselves and take it out for you. You wont be happy when you find all your crap on the floor or behind the dryer :eek:

When there is one or two operating dryers... they deserve what they get ;) Of course, I'd never be that spiteful...

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Or you could just do what I did- put your laundry in the dryer after everyone has gone to bed and then pick it up in the morning when you wake up...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
CommodoreMid said:
Or you could just do what I did- put your laundry in the dryer after everyone has gone to bed and then pick it up in the morning when you wake up...

And then someone else uses them when you're sleeping early. Then you deserve to be ****ed with ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.