• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cortramid

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Hey All,

Anyone else getting ready to head out to CORTRAMID West? Also, any advice for a Midshipman in San Diego? I've never been to CA before but I have high expectations of it!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HighDimension said:
Also, any advice for a Midshipman in San Diego? I've never been to CA before but I have high expectations of it!

San Diego is a great town. Bring PLENTY, I can't emphasize this enough, bring PLENTY of civilian clothes. The water on San Diego beaches is FREEZING. It is not warm, not in the least. There are lots of good restaurants, bars, clubs, etc in San Diego. LOTS of hot chicks. Don't bother with Tijuana... why would you want to visit a third world country? You can get into the San Diego Zoo for free with your military ID.

Don't fvck fellow middies either... NROTC incest isn't cool. Unless they're REALLY REALLY hot (haha yeah right).

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
How about transportation? Is the public transportation system an efficient way of travel, or will a car be needed?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HighDimension said:
How about transportation? Is the public transportation system an efficient way of travel, or will a car be needed?

I was in San Dog for a 1/C summer cruise and didn't have a car with me. The cabs, bus, and trolley system is pretty good. I took the bus and trolleys a few times, no problems. Of course, a car always makes things easier and you'd be Mr. Popular with the other middies too.

jpm269

pilot
I also did a 1/C cruise out there in San Dog. The boys and I would usually walk to the gate and there would usually be cabs waiting. If you see a limo, ask them how much it would cost to take you downtown. No kidding. The guy took us downtown for 15 bucks total and dropped us right in front of a club. It's easier to say you are a film exec. looking for extras/stars when you step out of a limo. Never hurts to ask.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Whatever you do, do not skip out on paying for the trolley fare... Police do random stops of them to make sure people have their tickets. If I remember correctly, in handcuffs...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ Or just call me. Chances are, I'm going somewhere cool to drink. More than happy to show you around.

Brett