• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Couple of good Whidbey SAR Videos

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
These are some of the most utilized and hardest working SAR guys in the buisness and we're lucky to have them. These guys make more rescues for our civilian community than most other SAR units combined.

Thanks, Firewood!

Brett

navy09

None
Great vid. I've always thought that being an AW in the helo community has got to be the coolest enlisted job in the Navy.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I see them flying all the time here. Do you select that squadron directly out of the HTs, or is it a later in the career tour?

Pags

N/A
pilot
I see them flying all the time here. Do you select that squadron directly out of the HTs, or is it a later in the career tour?
It's a shore tour option. Station SAR is seen as a "career killer" by the folks who care about things like that.

Out of the HTs you have to go to a fleet squadron just like every other community. No fun stuff until you've paid your dues.

highside7r

None
It's a shore tour option. Station SAR is seen as a "career killer" by the folks who care about things like that.

Out of the HTs you have to go to a fleet squadron just like every other community. No fun stuff until you've paid your dues.

I was wondering about that, I remember some very young looking LTJG's/LT's at Pcola OMD back in the H-3 days.

Should be that way for the enlisted guys too. I had several students get orders right out of ARSS to Key West! This was prior to the rate change, and they both were non-tac's (not AW's). Hell of a first tour!

flipper123

I served as an AW 1988-1993.
Getting orders to NAS Whidbey would have meant another hitch, which I just wasn't willing to do.
But, sometimes I wish I would have :)