• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Courage Quotes

Which do you think is best, some quotes were long, the full text is in the post

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
So i'm trying to come up with a quote for a framed picture of my brother and I in our work uniforms (he's a firefigher, I'm a per diem collector) and I've come down to these. It is to be a gift for our parents, mom's and dad's dig pics of their kids in uniform. Which do you all think i should use?

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.
Author: John Wayne

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Author: Mark Twain

No person among us deserves any other reward for performing a brave and worthy action, but the consciousness of having served his nation.
Author: Joseph Bryant (Thayendanegea of the Mohawk Tribe)

I'd rather give my life than be afraid to give it.
Author: Lyndon Baines Johnson

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
Author: Ambrose Redmoon

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
Author: Winston Churchill.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Those are some good quotes Prop, but I had to go with Churchill. It was a toss up between Ambrose, Churchill, and the Duke.

fighterfemme24

Hmmm... I kind of like the quote I use as a singnature best...

ps-I voted for Ambrose, though... that one is the best on the list.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
The Duke's, because it's completely true, very understandable, and evokes an image of a platoon full of young Marines checking their weapons and gear nervously en route to a forward area.

Status
Not open for further replies.