• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

crew chief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensesfail

senesfail
ok i dont know if this has been asked before but what is a crew cheif, what do they do and how do you become one. someone told me its the people who sit in the helicopter with the guns. is that true

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It all depends on what branch of the service you are talking about....

If you are talking about the Army & AF, then the link above is correct.

If you are talking about the Navy & Marine Corps, then a Crew Chief is an Enlisted Aircrewman that performs duties aboard the aircraft on the the ground and in-flight. Your first step is to go through Naval Aircrew Candidate School (NACCS) in Pensacola Florida. If you are in 'A' school, you can request Aircrew school through your chain of command. If you are in the fleet, you can request orders (may have to re-enlist).
Hope this helps!
ea6bflyr
sensesfail said:
ok i dont know if this has been asked before but what is a crew cheif, what do they do and how do you become one. someone told me its the people who sit in the helicopter with the guns. is that true

Status
Not open for further replies.