• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Criminal Justice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowboarder4x4

Hello.
Well Im new to this forum, and to wanting to be a Navy pilot. Im currently a freshman in college, and my major is Criminal Justice, and I was wondering if Id be able to do the NROTC? and If id be able to be a pilot with that degree. I was told to study something that I like. So if you could help me, and I was also wondering if there was a book that I could buy that would explain the whole process etc. Thanks.

MasterBates

Degree does not matter. Bachelor's in front of it is what matters.

Do a search on "NROTC" on this website. There is a plethora of info out there to be had on AirWarriors.

Is there a ROTC unit at your school? Cross town if not? What school you are at would help us help you.

And don't forget BDCP, but you can only get that for the last 24 months (36 if Tech Major).

navy09

None
OCS is really the only other way. You can get in straight out of college or you can get into OCS via the BDCP program, which funds several years of college. The main advantage of BDCP is the money, the main advantage of straight OCS is that it gives you a few more years to figure out what you want to do. Both get you to the same place- OCS...then a commission.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a Degree in Criminal Justice & I'm a Navy Pilot, so it can be done. Do some searches to get the basics and then fire away with the questions!

snowboarder4x4

Ok, So lets say I graduate with my degree in CJ and I get a commission. How do you know if you get a pilot spot? What type or types of tests do you have to take to get into the flight program. I've only found stuff on the Air Force. So whats the process like. Thanks for working with me.

schwarti

Contributor
There's a LOT of info on this site and elsewhere on the net - your best bet is to ask an officer recruiter in your area. You can also check the career tool thing on navy.mil.

Basically, you apply for a commission in a particular community - you don't get your commission and then decide.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Criminal Justice ... the path of least resistance ... along with Poly Sci.
I majored in PolSci and was a CrmJ minor, either one are most def the way to go

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Original question answered. Thread locked.

snowboarder, use the search function.

Status
Not open for further replies.