• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

criminal record and OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedjp

This is my first post. I have been reading this board since I began seriously considering joinoing the military. It is great.

I am preparing my application for OCS now. I think I have a strong application and a lot to offer the Navy as an officer, as a pilot or otherwise. The one thing I am worried about is my criminal record. I have one misdameanor on my record, it happened over 5 years ago. Usually 1 misdameanor from over 5 years ago wouldn't be a problem. The problem is that it was for Possesion of Marijuana. I had very little involvement with marijuana before I got in trouble, and I have had zero involvment since. What kind of influence do you all think this will have on my application?

mattlowery

you should be fine. it happened a good bit of time ago, was not a felony, and nothing has happened since. you shouldn't have a problem, assuming the rest of the packet looks good. you might have to type out a statement giving the details about the incident. just be honest and make sure you stress that you learned from the incident and that it won't happen again. good luck.

Matt L.

dancing247

Hey Mike, same boat, but I have 2 misdemeanors, just not for drugs. I am fixing to take my test this next week and it is going to be a little more difficult than I thought. I hope my recruiter can grade them leniently. I don't think I am a dumbass, but the practice test I am taking is definitely making me think. :) Anyhow, my recruiter told me he was not sure if they would accept me into the navy with my record. He'd process it and see what happens. They really are uptight about DWI's and drug possessions. (I have a DWI.) Anyhow, good luck and let us know how you are progressing. When do you test and when do you take your physical?

dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.