• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Custom helmet bags

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
What are good places to get squadron/unit helmet bags made? I know it’s easy to get local embroiders to put a design on the issue bag, and companies like Flyboys do a good job, but I’ve found they will only do a small rectangle on the backside due to the internal bottle pockets.

The only company I know of that does a full back is Royal Bags, but they haven’t answered any of my messages in over 2 weeks.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Have nothing positive for Flyboys helmet bags. We got their bags in my DH squadron, and mine fell apart during workups less than a year later. Holes in the outside pockets, and the zippers were catching and popping open. Half the squadron was using something else by the time deployment started.

Still using my far older JO mil issue bag in civilian life. It was embroidered by Dolphin International in VA Beach (if memory serves) circa 2009.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Got mine done by a gent in the Corpus PR shop, that’s still holding up great today. Can’t remember what his company name is though. I’ll try and find it.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Have nothing positive for Flyboys helmet bags. We got their bags in my DH squadron, and mine fell apart during workups less than a year later. Holes in the outside pockets, and the zippers were catching and popping open. Half the squadron was using something else by the time deployment started.

Still using my far older JO mil issue bag in civilian life. It was embroidered by Dolphin International in VA Beach (if memory serves) circa 2009.
Bummer about flyboys. Mine has held up great after 3 years.

Only bad thing about dolphin is they require a bag sent to them, which is a problem if someone is trying to get bags made that aren’t green (in our case, black).

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I got the same Dolphin bag as seven helmet in our JO squadron, and also have a Flyboys fancy black one from my TO tour. I only flew with the flyboys one for the 3 years I was in that tour, and reverted back to my old dolphin bag. It has been going strong for coming up on 11 years total, no issues at all. But it isn't as fancy looking as the jazzy 2-seat squadron schwag