• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dang, this is sad only two WW I vets left.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
There's no word on the cause of death.

wtf?? HE WAS 109!!! The paper should say "There's no word on the cause of him living to be 109"!!

Hell, thats what I want to know.

famous quote by the late George Burns (who lived to be over 100):

An interviewer asks what his doctors think about him drinking and smoking everyday, he replied
"I don't know, they are all dead"

phrogpilot73

According to the funeral home, he drove his car until he was 104 and lived on his own until three years ago.
This is what I picked up on. Wow, that guy truly lived life. I have grandparents that are in their 80's and I don't know how much longer they'll be driving or living on their own...

MasterBates

Soon, there will be no more men from WW I left.

Most of us still on AD will probably be here to send off the last WWII vet and Korea vet as well.

Thank you for your service Dr. Coffey.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
This is what I picked up on. Wow, that guy truly lived life. I have grandparents that are in their 80's and I don't know how much longer they'll be driving or living on their own...

Sorry to see an old vet leave us, RIP. But nobody should be driving a motor vehicle at 104 years old..

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
God Bless em - what a story, what a man. That is how you live a life.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Almost 9 million Americans served during WW2. Most of them are already dead. I remember reading somewhere that we lose over 500 of them daily.