• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Davis-Monthan Air Show

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since I feel like being an air show slut now, I figured I'd find out who will be at this one. Any U of A ladies out there? So, in case you want to buy me a green beer for St Paddy's Day, I'll be in Tucson with the Mighty COD.

Future shows planned: Pt Mugu and Louisville, KY in April.

phrogpilot73

Since I feel like being an air show slut now, I figured I'd find out who will be at this one. Any U of A ladies out there? So, in case you want to buy me a green beer for St Paddy's Day, I'll be in Tucson with the Mighty COD.

God I miss flying...

MasterBates

Since I feel like doing air show sluts now, I figured I'd find out who will be at this one. Any U of A ladies out there? So, in case you want to buy me a green beer for St Paddy's Day, I'll be in Tucson with the Mighty COD.

Fixed it for you Kmac..

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes sir, you are correct. I also just got paid the extra cash from my recent trips to El Sweato and Pensacola. Man I miss per diem!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

You gonna be doing the show down at McDill AFB at the end of this month?

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You gonna be doing the show down at McDill AFB at the end of this month?

No, sorry. I'll be at Pt Mugu at the end of the month for that one. Our commodore is up there... I'm sure he'd want one of his planes to participate.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
KMAC...I've been meaning to ask you what you thought of that worthless goddamn yama SUCKura exercise....

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KMAC...I've been meaning to ask you what you thought of that worthless goddamn yama SUCKura exercise....

Don't get me started... Night shift Cat NEO Cell @USFJ HQ. 12 hour shifts that completely wasted my life. I was so busy looking at the screen that when I would fall asleep at night, I would see Excel on the backside of my eyelids. It was quite frightening. I have to admire one of the JSO major's commitment though. Every 15 minutes he would come buy and ask "uhhh.... sooo telllll meeee..... haw many japanese america send by plane?" I won't go into classified material here, but the answer really wasn't something he was looking for. And of course, by day 3 I started to pick up some discrepancies between my number tracking and what we were expecting from the control group. Fortunately a dude I had cruised with was playing one of my control group counterparts. We would e-mail back and forth (read: back-channel) to straighten out what other control group guys screwed up. Overall we were quite successful, and everyone loved us. Yay.

On the better side, I did get to drink a lot of Japanese beer and even managed to sing karaoke with a submariner, a SWO chich, an Army major, and a Marine. Fun times; that's joint operations for you.

EDIT: Oh and another thing... the sad part is that my O-4 SWO boss (who was actually a pretty cool guy) wrote in his recommendations that a naval aviator should fulfill the role that I played ("air ops officer"). I must have looked like a ghost when I heard that. Never should a naval aviator sit behind a desk and enter numbers into an Excel spreadsheet for 12 hours at a time. The only semi-reasonable explanation was because there was at one-time an "ATO" to read. Ugh!

phrogpilot73

Never should a naval aviator sit behind a desk and enter numbers into an Excel spreadsheet for 12 hours at a time. The only semi-reasonable explanation was because there was at one-time an "ATO" to read. Ugh!
That's pretty much life as a FAC/Air Officer in Garrison...