• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December 7 OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcb747

I swore in yesterday and signed the dotted line.

After 1 1/2 yrs of trying, getting 2 med waivers, one rejection letter and 3 takes on the ASTB, I got my SNFO slot.

I can't thank Dave Shutter enough for sharing his exploits and motivation...and of course the airwarriors community!

Anyone with a Dec 7 OCS date?

Dave Shutter

Congrats and good luck, sounds like you had as much fun as I did. Funny thing is that I'm still in this damn recruiting office, doing a second OHARP stint for personal reasons but I'll eventually class up for API. Dec 7 OCS, wow, could you have picked a better day to start your navy career!

JTP

Hey Dave I was wondering if you knew anything about the OCS dates. I think under the OLD PRO topic, someone spoke about how they will fill all Fiscal yr 03 pilot spots by June. Do you know if this is true or not? I'm waiting out my PRK now and should be able to apply in....3 months. Do you have any idea of what kind of date I would be looking at for OCS if applied in August?? You said you were in the recruitment office..that's why I ask. Any info you might have will be well appreciated. I'm ready to get in and start mt career..this whole waiting and sitting around crap is gonna drive me insane!

Thanks
J. Tyler

YEAH COME ON!!

marcb747

Thanks you guys!

To be honest, i really don't know exactly when the board convened to decide my fate. All I know is that after taking my third ASTB (after failing the bio part last time) and a few updates to my app, it was off to the board.
Then I got a call from my recruiter 2 weeks after saying I got accepted. I retook the ASTB Apr 6, So I figure sometime b/n 4/8 tp 4/19 was my selection board.

marcb747

Thanks dude. yeah, i've been running alot lately. Not to mention my regular trips to the local YMCA pool. Gotta get my butt in shape befor my date with the DI.

Goodluck on OCS too!

marc

cman

Marc, congrats on your selection. I'm curious. What were the updates to your application that you mentioned? If you don't mind me asking.

One more thing. What's OHARP?

CMS

aftrbrnr

Hey boys, I'm also starting OCS on December 7. Getting excited. I have an NFO slot too, looks like we'll be in the pool together a lot Marc. Hey - there's a guy on usnavyocs.com named john with screen name jjitaly2001 who also has a Dec. 7 OCS date. He mentioned meeting up on the 6th and getting to know each other. Sounds like a good idea to me - we should all swap emails and coordinate this. My email is peg6@cornell.edu. Looking forward to meeting you.

Phil

jjitaly2001

HEY, they moved our forum. I guess I should check my email more often. It's under "OCS Class Dates and Information".

John - OCS 07 December

Status
Not open for further replies.