• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Grads

SlickAg

pilot
Just wanted to see if anyone else here is graduating in December; maybe we could talk about service selection, stash jobs, ligers...ya know.

oztin79

I'm Intel BDCP graduating in December and scheduled for OCS on 25 MAR 2006. I'm going to try to get out to Thailand for several weeks before I have to report. Good luck, guys...and I guess you January guys will be the Candidate O's yelling when I get there.

USN99

USN99
None
Me too

I was a December NROTC grad many, many, many score moons ago; got stashed at an FRS for a couple of months before reporting to P'cola for NFO Basic.

The stash was definitely a learning experience. It was definitely an opportunity to set one's mind "right", i.e., witnessing a fleet-type squadron (I know the RAG is not "the fleet" but it also is not the training command) put what went before and what came after in proper perspective.

Having said that, back in the day the Aviation Midshipman Cruise had not been invented. We all went to sea so that stash after commissioning was a quasi aviation cruise.

I didn't get much, if any, flight time but I did get to pick-up by "osmosis" how to be a naval officer in naval aviation BEFORE I got to P'cola. It made the training command so much more bearable because I had seen what the real Navy was like. :D