• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deck Landing Qualification Help

Hawkdriver81

All,

I need some help from the (S,U,H)H-60 community that visits these forums. I'm putting together a Deck Landing Qualification program for my Army UH-60 Medevac unit. What I'm looking to compile is all the Navy/Joint regulations, classes and SOP related items that I can then review, rename and call my own work. :icon_wink Is there a standarized training package that the Navy uses for its initial deck qualification? Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Now the second question. I know the Navy was helping out with the Medevac mission from Kuwait. Are they still pulling rotations?

Thanks!

Nate

MasterBates

The NWP 3-04 was replaced by some NAVAIR-80T Series book. I believe the joint pub changed as well.

Can a current HSL or HSC bubba chime in with the current pubs. I'm still trying to purge that to make room on the iceberg for the FW CV Penguins.

hscs

pilot
If you go to https://airworthiness.navair.navy.mil (must get an account) -- they show the 80T series as the most current (don't know about the joint side). It will also have CV NATOPS and LHA NATOPS. You can also download individual H-60 NATOPS. Chapter 5 of the various H-60 pubs should talk to currencies and number of landings required to qualify.

The det is still in Kuwait -- I hear they stay DLQ current.

Hawkdriver81

Thanks for the links, so far so good. Does anyone have any powerpoint classes or pieces of your unit SOP that you could send to me via my Army e-mail account?

hscs, I don't suppose you have a contact e-mail for someone with the det in Kuwait?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Someone on this forum is there now. Sly something I think. Here's his blog. http://mykuwaitblog.blogspot.com/

Sly1978 would be him

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I flew with a CA ANG unit when they got their initial DLQ's in Chinooks; PM me if you would like info on that.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks for the links, so far so good. Does anyone have any powerpoint classes or pieces of your unit SOP that you could send to me via my Army e-mail account?

hscs, I don't suppose you have a contact e-mail for someone with the det in Kuwait?

It was 3 years ago-ish, but there was also an Army joint pub that was part of the J-Ship library. It was basically a condensed version of the CV/LHA/NWP pubs all in one small spiral ringed paper-back book. It was good stuff. Can't remember the name (might have been JSHIP), but I think Bobbybrock ended up getting his hands on it somehow.

Nose

pilot
Nate,

Here is the dope on CV NATOPS (for both helos and FW): The rules are pretty simple and make sense. Being Naval Aviators, we follow them to the letter. Except for the times we don't, which is often. We fear change, but thrive on bedlam!

Nose