• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Declining selection

Trackguy

Anyone ever heard of an applicant being selected for OCS or Marine PLC etc...etc, and for unforeseen circumstances not taking the selection. Then later down the road reapplying and being selected?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Anyone ever heard of an applicant being selected for OCS or Marine PLC etc...etc, and for unforeseen circumstances not taking the selection. Then later down the road reapplying and being selected?

I can't speak for the Marines but I applied to the USNA, got accepted and I declined for the C/O '08. ( long story involving a girl) Reapplied for C/O '09 and I was denied. :D

BrianUSMC

A closed mouth gathers no feet.
pilot

I guess it would be mett-t dependant... but it would have to be one hell of a good reason for them to reconsider your desire to go through with ocs :icon_smil

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick

There was a guy in my Navy OCS class who was BDCP, but had previously finished the First increment of PLC without returning for the 2nd increment. He decided not to return because the Navy would pay him year 'round under BDCP...greedy *******.

I guess that's kinda the same...but not really.

Trackguy

Thanks for the insight... I got selected Marine PLC-air year and a half ago...long story why i passed on it. And now i regret it immensely. But i guess you gotta do what you gotta do, and at the time i had to do. But now im thinking of waiting a year or so to start applying Navy OCS(my original plan).

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Why wait? Why not throw your hat in the pool for BDCP? It's not like you DOR'd once you got there (that can negatively effect your chances of being accepted in the future).

Trackguy

This past year has been a bad one. Grades had slipped a little. So i want to be able to give the best possible package. Luckily im back on my way up GPA wise. You get where im coming from.