• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Denied(NavyAir), Denied(MarineAir), Denied(MarineAir), Accptd.(MarineGround) ???

Ric Hard

Looking for some answers. I applied for the Navy and recieved my denial letter in May. I was trying for NFO. Looked into the Marines and was denied by the board in August. My OSO said if I recieved a few more rec. letters then I would get picked up. Re-submitted to the supplemental board in November and was denied for Air but picked up for ground. Very disappointing. I was told that my age waiver did not get picked up. I just turned 28 last month and I am wondering what I should do now. Accept the ground contract or re-apply with the Navy. My package was not the greatest but I really want to be in the Air, get PRK, and eventually fly. My ASTB was 5/6/6 OAR 50. Graduated from Embry-Riddle 2.45 Aerospace Studies. PFT Pull-ups 20, Crunches 100, Run 3-miles 19:46. Worked 40-50 hours while in school. Is re-submitting to the Navy somthing I should look into? Also, if I do accept the Marine ground contract, how difficult would it be to switch over to Air later on? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Just make sure that you don't just settle. Is marine ground something you really want to do?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
It all depends on what you want out of your service...if flying is the goal then Marine ground is not the way to do it...

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
You could be one of the folks at TBS scrambling to compete for one of the open air slots. Not advised, however, if flying is definitely the only thing you want to do. I'm not sure if they do age waivers for that, either.