• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEPped in... Submitting Packet

I searched the forums but was unable to find specifics regarding this question:

I signed an enlistment contract in December for AECF shipping out on June 11th, 2014. Not long afterwards, I was contacted by officer recruiters in my area, and I am going to be submitting a packet. Will the fact that I have already signed an enlistment contract, but yet to go to basic, hinder or help my packet in any way?

Lastly, I received a 97 score on my ASVAB; what kind of score do you expect me to receive on the OAR? I have been studying for many hours every day for the last week straight.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lastly, I received a 97 score on my ASVAB; what kind of score do you expect me to receive on the OAR? I have been studying for many hours every day for the last week straight.
No one can accurately predict your OAR score from your ASVAB. I can only recommend that you study and review for your OAR for more than "the last week", as you're going to need a stellar OAR, to help offset your low GPA to submit a competitive packet.;)
BzB

reFLYluwasch

pilot
This is the same situation I am in as well. It's RTC for me on 20140326 if I get the "N" on this SNA/NFO rolling board. The upside to a no would mean entry into the SECF program. I was DEP'd in February of last year and was contacted by the local OR a couple of months later. I scored a 93 on the ASVAB and a 50 6,7,6 on the ASTB 4. Good luck on the test.

exNavyOffRec

I searched the forums but was unable to find specifics regarding this question:

I signed an enlistment contract in December for AECF shipping out on June 11th, 2014. Not long afterwards, I was contacted by officer recruiters in my area, and I am going to be submitting a packet. Will the fact that I have already signed an enlistment contract, but yet to go to basic, hinder or help my packet in any way?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

If you are going for NFO like your info says then you need to study for the ASTB, which is the OAR + aviation parts.

Have any of you used study guides for the test? I personally have been using the For Dummies guide, and I'm wondering if the questions on the test will be easier. There are some questions in the math section that would be nigh impossible to do without a calculator.

For example:
"A cylinder has a diameter of 100cm and a height of 2.5m. What is the volume of the cylinder, in gallons? (1gallon = 3,781.4cm^3)"
The solution is given as this:
"First, you must figure out the radius. Divide the diameter by 2 to get the radius of 50 cm. Next, convert the height of 2.5 meters fo 250cm so that everything uses the same scale. Use the formula for volume of a cylinder: V=h(pi)r^2. V=25cm x (pi) x (50cm^2) = 250cm x (pi) x 2500cm^2 = (pi) x 625,000cm^3 = 1,963,495cm^3. Now take 1,963,495cm^3 and divide it by 3,781cm^3 per gallon to get 519 gallons, choice (D)."

How in the hell would you do that, in any reasonable amount of time without sacrificing an accurate answer, without a calculator? Are you given formulas or do you have to memorize them? What about unit conversions (e.g., 2.54cm=1in, or 1.61km=1mi)?
I am genuinely worried about this math garbage >.>